New body cam video released by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office shows the tense moments after deputies responded to a sinkhole in a Land O' Lakes neighborhood last week.
Deputies are overheard telling residents to grab any medications or important items they may need from their homes before they were voluntarily evacuated from the neighborhood.
Watch the full video below:
Nearly a week after the sinkhole formed, officials continue to monitor and estimate how long cleanup could take.
On Thursday, officials updated everyone on the status of the sinkhole.
JULY 20TH NEWS CONFERENCE:
- The Department of Health will begin well water testing in the next few days
- Pasco County will waive fees for well water testing for more than 400 families for a certain number of days
- Utilities will be reconnected after water testing is done
- Nearly $1,000,000 in costs to Pasco County to deal with sinkhole
- Contractual costs: $65,000
- Labor costs: $35,000
- 10 extra feet have given way around the sinkhole, but it is not growing
- No noticeable movement means no further evacuations