Wednesday is International Walk to School Day and the Clearwater Police Department is joining the fun by helping elementary school students make it safely to school.
Students will be walking to school from nearby locations.
Schools participating in the walk are Belleair, Eisenhower, Leila Davis and Plumb.
Clearwater police officers will meet students at the following locations:
- Belleair Elementary, meeting place is Publix at 1295 S. Missouri Ave. at 7 a.m. with departure time set for between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m.
- Eisenhower Elementary, meeting place is Emeritus of Clearwater at 2750 Drew St. at about 7 a.m. with departure time set for between 7:30 and 7:45 a.m.
- Leila Davis Elementary, meeting place is to the rear of Stein Mart, 2522 N. McMullen Booth Road, at 7:30 a.m. with departure time at about 8 a.m.
- Plumb Elementary, meeting place is Central Christian Church, 1200 S. Keene Road, at about 7:15 a.m. with departure time set between 7:45 and 8 a.m.
Motorists are urged to use caution when driving in the area.
Other departments are participating in the International Walk to School Day.
- Mayor Kriseman and St. Petersburg Fire Chief Large - Bay Point Elementary - 5800 22nd St. S. Meet at St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 1901 62nd Ave. S.
- Council Member Gerdes - Westgate Elementary - Meet at Northside Baptist Church, 6000 38th Ave. N.
- Council Vice Chair Rice and Council Member Nurse - Melrose Elementary - 1752 13th Ave. S.
- St. Petersburg Police will have officers stationed at every school in St. Petersburg to promote safety and participation for students.
Pinellas County schools participating in Walk to School Day
- Blanton Elementary
- Curlew Creek Elementary
- Dunedin Elementary
- Gulf Beach Elementary
- Highland Lakes Elementary
- Lake St. George Elementary
- Oakhurst Elementary
- Oldsmar Elementary
- Orange Grove Elementary
- Ridgecrest Elementary
- Safety Harbor Elementary
- Starkey Elementary
- Walsingham Elementary
- Dunedin Middle School
- East Lake Middle School