TAMPA, Fla. — Family-owned brewery D. G. Yuengling & Son is partnering with the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and USF Athletics to hold a disaster preparedness donation drive on Monday, July 22.
Yuengling and its partners want to make sure there are enough supplies ready to be distributed to affected families in case a hurricane hits the Tampa Bay area this year.
RELATED: What to put in your hurricane kit
Donations can be dropped off at the Yuengling Center from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
Most needed items include:
- Non-perishable food (pull-tab canned goods, granola bars, sports drinks, individual snacks)
- Pet food (dry and canned)
- Baby supplies (diapers, baby wipes, baby formula, baby food
- Cleaning supplies (bleach, disinfectant, sponges, rubber gloves, trash bags, brooms, mops)
- Personal hygiene supplies (body wash, bar soap, shampoo, hand sanitizer, deodorant, shaving cream, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, wash cloths)
- Medical supplies (non-prescription drugs, Band-Aids, medical tape, ointment, Chapstick, sunscreen, bug spray)
- Paper supplies (plates, bowls, cups, paper towels, toilet paper, plastic bags, plastic utensils)
- Bedding (sleeping bags, cots, pillows, blankets, sheets
All the donated items collected will be given to Metropolitan Ministries and stored until they are needed.