TAMPA, Fla. -- Current Initiatives, a nonprofit organization based in Tampa, is offering free laundry services to low-income families and hospitality workers out of a job during the coronavirus pandemic.
"Clean laundry is not just an on-going financial burden for many families but is also a contributing factor to health and wellness," the nonprofit's website says. "The Laundry Project is committed to doing what we can to bolster the health and wellness of families in need by providing clean laundry during this crisis."
The nonprofit is working with the City of Tampa to complete nine laundry projects over the next six weeks to help those in need. The group is raising money to complete the projects and add more if they're able.
Low-income families and hospitality workers who are out of work because of the pandemic can pre-register with one of several local organizations.
- Dress For Success Tampa Bay: 813-259-1876
- Urban Young Life: 813-389-5144
- Crossover Church: 813-971-8887
- Locale Church: Hello@Locale.Church
- Potter Elementary School: 813-276-5564
The following entities are specifically helping bartenders and servers:
- The Bricks Ybor: Info@TheBricksYbor.com
- BAR at Armature: Info@ArmatureWorks.com
- King State: Info@King-State.com
- Commune + Co: Info@CommuneandCo.com
The organizations will let you know the location and time slot to come. Current says families who have worked with the organizations will take priority, and everyone else will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.