TAMPA, Fla. -- The Tampa Bay Rays are teaming up with the City of Tampa to offer free swim lessons this summer.
The Swim with the RAYS program was launched to help spread awareness on the importance of practicing good water safety habits. Kids who qualify for the program will learn about the safety in, on or around water, as well as developing good swimming techniques.
The program will be abailable at 12 Tampa Parks and Recreation pools from June 3 to August 31. The program is available for kids ages six months to 17 years old.
The program is offering free classes at the following pools:
- Bobby Hicks Pool, 4201 W Mango Ave., 33616
- Copeland Pool, 11001 N 15th St., 33612
- Cuscaden Pool, 2900 N 15th St., 33605
- Cyrus Greene Pool, 2101 E Dr. Martin Luther King Blvd., 33603
- Danny Del Rio Pool, 10105 N Boulevard, 33603
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Pool, 2200 N Oregon Ave., 33607
- Interbay Pool, 4321 Estrella Ave., 33629
- Loretta Ingraham Pool, 1611 N Hubert Ave., 33607
- Roy Jenkins Pool, 154 Columbia Dr., 33606
- Spicola Pool, 2615 E Corrine St., 33605
- Sulphur Springs Pool, 701 E. Bird St., 33604
- Williams Park Pool, 4362 E. Osborne Ave., 33610
Those interested in Swim with the RAYS program can click here for more information.