Tampa transportation officials held a public meeting Thursday night to update homeowners about proposed road enhancements along Bayshore Boulevard.
The proposed improvements would be additional safety measures for pedestrians and bikers on Bayshore.
- Removal of faded striping between Rome Avenue and Platt Street, and install new striping with black contrast in the skip lines, bike message/message stripping
- Reduce width of travel lanes from current widths to 10 foot
- Adding a 2-foot buffer to the existing bicycle lanes
Installing Rapid Reflective Flashing Beacon crosswalks at three locations:
(1) S Dakota Avenue
(2) S. Delaware Avenue
(3) midway between S. Brevard Avenue and W. Swann Avenue
- Reducing the posted speed limit from 40 mph to 35 mph
Construction on the Bayshore enhancement project is expected to begin later this year.