HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — The phone number to schedule COVID-19 testing in Hillsborough County is back up and running after it was temporarily "delayed" on Wednesday morning after an employee at the center tested positive.
Hillsborough County said officials became aware of the Customer Service team member's positive test Wednesday morning. They put the call center on hold in an effort to prevent further spread of the virus.
UPDATE: The phone line is open and available to begin taking testing reservations. We appreciate your patience. https://t.co/ohqOA8Telu— Hillsborough County (@HillsboroughFL) June 24, 2020
The county recently announced a new phone number, 888-513-6321, for reservations to alleviate technical issues and dropped calls.
There are seven COVID-19 testing locations in the county.
- Lee Davis Community Resource Center, 3402 N. 22nd St., Tampa
- Plant City Community Resource Center, 307 N. Michigan Ave., Plant City
- SouthShore Community Resource Center, 201 14th Ave. SE, Ruskin
- Suncoast Community Health Centers, 313 S. Lakewood Drive, Brandon
- Raymond James Stadium, 4201 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa
- Redeemer Lutheran Church, 701 Valley Forge Blvd., Sun City Center
- Wimauma Opportunity Center, 5128 SR 674