HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — There's a new toll-free number in Hillsborough County for residents trying to schedule a COVID-19 test.
The county says the number can be used to make an appointment at any of seven testing sites. The call center hours are weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The new number is 888-513-6321.
The county hopes the new number, in addition to new staff, will alleviate technical issues and dropped calls.
Residents can get tested at any of the following locations:
- Lee Davis Community Resource Center, 3402 N. 22nd St., Tampa
- Plant City Community Resource Center, 307 N. Michigan Ave., Plant City
- SouthShore Community Resource Center, 201 14th Ave. SE, Ruskin
- Suncoast Community Health Centers, 313 S. Lakewood Drive, Brandon
- Raymond James Stadium, 4201 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa
- Redeemer Lutheran Church, 701 Valley Forge Blvd., Sun City Center
- Wimauma Opportunity Center, 5128 SR 674
Appointments are required, but a doctor's referral and insurance are not.