TAMPA, Fla. -- Lime is looking to reward those who plan on leaving their car keys at home this Fourth of July.
The scooter rental company is teaming up with Tampa mayor Jane Castor to offer a free scooter "unlock" for the first 2,500 riders in downtown Tampa.
Lime said the unlock offers is their way of showing support for Thursday's Boom by the Bay fireworks show.
The code you'll need to use is UNLOCKTHEBAY.
In the company's release, Lime shared five safety tips for scooter riders ahead of the Fourth of July holiday:
1. Don’t drink and scoot. No matter what form of transportation you’re using for your July 4th festivities—car, bike or scooter—the same rules go: Don’t drink and scoot.
2. Helmets are your friend. You wouldn’t hop on your bike without a helmet, would you? Scooters are no different—protect your head and wear a helmet.
3. Sharing isn’t caring. Electric scooters are designed for one rider at a time. If your pal needs a ride, get them their own scooter.
4. Make eye contact with others using the road. Making eye contact with drivers and other road users makes them notice you instead of seeing through you.
5. We’re all in this together. Be respectful of those around you. Scooters belong in the bike lane—not the sidewalk—so use them whenever possible and don’t block walkways when parking your scooter.
Tampa's Boom by the Bay will be a 2.5-mile fireworks show along the city's Riverwalk.
The four venues to watch include Sparkman Wharf, Armature Works, Tampa's Convention Center and Julian B. Lane Riverfront park. You can click here for more information on the event.