HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla — Hillsborough County is hosting a survey to learn how residents feel about COVID-19 vaccines and understand what obstacles the community might have to take the vaccine.
Officials say the survey is anonymous and offered in English and Spanish. The survey is intended to help county leaders plan and execute distribution logistics and campaigns to maximize the number of residents who choose to get vaccinated.
"The data will be analyzed utilizing a number of factors, including demographic and geographic information, to gain perspectives that reflect the County’s diverse makeup."
Residents can go HERE to participate in the survey. To participate by text, text “vaccine” to 73224 or “Vacuna” to 73224 to participate in Spanish. The survey includes a brief vaccine development overview video that explains how the vaccines were developed. After the video, survey questions focus on gaining insight from residents about the following:
- Level of exposure to COVID-19
- Attitudes about getting vaccinated
- What motivates residents to vet vaccinated or remain unvaccinated
- Expectations of how behaviors can change after being vaccinated
- Which locations residents feel comfortable using to receive vaccinations
The mandate that face coverings must be worn in indoor locations of businesses, with certain exceptions, remains in effect.