A high school building had to be evacuated on Thursday afternoon in Hillsborough County due to the possibility of a gas leak.
Only one building at Steinbrenner High School has been evacuated, according to the school district.
1 building at Steinbrenner HS checked for carbon monoxide leak. A kid got sick this AM, some students moved. No evacuation. pic.twitter.com/EKN49NB4vA
— Erik Waxler (@erikwaxler) August 31, 2017
Kids in the building were sent to have lunch elsewhere.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue personnel were on scene to determine whether or not Carbon Monoxide had been released but determined that no gas leak had occurred.