TAMPA, Fla. — An effort to make sure every kid in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties has clean underwear is starting July 1.
Clothes to Kids begins its annual Drop off your Drawers event on July 1.
The non-profit organization gives every kid who goes into shop five pairs of new socks and five pairs of new underwear along with other clothing items.
Clothes to Kids is asking for your donations so it can serve the children in the Tampa Bay area. New underwear and socks are greatly appreciated. Sizes needed for boys are 4-16 (boxer briefs) and young men sizes 30 & up. For girls, sizes 6-16, junior girls sizes 5 and up, and primarily bikini style are requested.
“Drop off” donations are accepted Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at any of the three stores:
- 5011-H West Hillsborough Ave, Tampa
- 1059 North Hercules Ave, Clearwater
- 2168 34th St South, St. Petersburg
Clothes to Kids also accepts cash donations which is used to buy clothes in short supply. Any donations are tax deductible.
In Hillsborough County more than 60% of the kids qualify to shop at Clothes to Kids. That number is 49% in Pinellas County. Parents and their children can shop at Clothes for Kids if they meet the following requirements:
- You must live in Pinellas or Hillsborough County.
- Children must be school-aged and eligible for free or reduced-price lunch through local schools, or receive a referral from an approved social service agency, or from a social worker, school teacher, school administrator, guidance counselor, social worker, pastor, priest or rabbi.
- Social worker or caseworker employed at a local social service agency
For more information on donating or to schedule an appointment to shop at Clothes for Kids, call (727) 441-5050 or visit clothestokids.org.