HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — One person is hurt in a two-alarm fire at a Ruskin building.
The fire broke out at Wild Bill's furniture at 109 South U.S. 41 Tuesday afternoon.
A group of men getting their haircut at a business next door braved the thick black smoke and flames to search for anyone inside.
"We walk in there and we took a fire extinguisher to make sure everybody was safe," Miguel Salas said. "There’s a lady in there screaming that she needed help, she needed help, that it was burning. So, when we go in there, we tried to duck down with the fire extinguisher and then that’s when it turned into flames."
"It was just engulfed in flames. And we ran out, and the lady came out with a big ol' bucket of water and half her face was burned I don’t think she was hurt, but charred," he added.
The furniture store is well known in Ruskin. Customers who shop their watched with tears rolling down their faces as the walls of the building collapsed.
"I've shopped there for 25-years," Maria Teran said as she wiped away tears. "The owner he pass away years ago and I very close to the family and I feel upset."
U-haul confirmed to ABC Action News the business is an authorized neighborhood dealer.
"Everybody knows that place has a lot of old stuff old furniture in there that would catch fire immediately so the goal was just to get everybody out don’t worry about anything else just get all the people out," Salas said.
The injured patient is being treated for minor injuries.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office says U.S. 41 between East Shellpoint Road and East College Avenue is closed due to the fire.
— Michael Paluska (@MichaelPaluska) December 3, 2019
Story developing, refresh for updates. Stay with ABC Action News for the latest.