TAMPA, Fla. — The City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department announced they will be reopening all of its parks, dog parks and beaches on Saturday, May 16.
The announcement comes after 13 City of Tampa park trails, beaches, and dog parks and beaches were reopened on May 4.
According to their press release, "residents will be able to utilize the amenities listed below only if practicing social distancing and gathering of no more than 10 people."
- Open Outdoor Spaces
- Kayak and Canoe Launches
- Tennis, Pickleball, Handball, and Racquetball Courts (maximum of two people per court)
- Disc Golf Courses
- Athletic Fields (must contact Athletics at (813) 731-9432 to reserve use)
"Please be aware that certain areas within the park such as picnic shelters, playgrounds, outdoor exercise equipment, basketball courts, volleyball courts, and splash pads will remain closed." - City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department
Along with the parks, dog parks and beaches, the following year-round pools will also reopen on Saturday.
- Bobby Hicks, 4120 W Mango Ave, 33616
- Cuscaden, 2900 N 15th St, 33605
- Cyrus Greene, 2101 E Dr. MLK Blvd, 33603
- Del Rio, 10105 N Boulevard, 33603
- Interbay, 4321 W Estrella St, 33629
- Loretta Ingraham, 1611 N Hubert Ave, 33607
- Roy Jenkins, 154 Columbia Dr, 33606
- Sulphur Springs, 701 E Bird St, 33604
It's important to note that the pools will be limited to lap swimming by appointment only. To reserve your lap swim time, you should call the pool you would like to utilize. Appointments can be made for the current day only and will be limited to a maximum 1 hour session. For pool hours and contact information, click here.
"Residents will be required to follow social distancing guidelines and gatherings of more than 10 people will not be allowed while utilizing any park, pool, or amenity." - City of Tampa Parks and Recreation Department