TAMPA, Fla. — The City of Tampa's Parks and Recreation Department will begin summer with a two-week Summer Kickoff Camp program.
The program is free of charge for Tampa residents only.
The camp will run from June 1-12, Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at eight sites with limited registration. Residents will register for lottery enrollment between May 26-27 from 9 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
The camp will be for ages 5 to 12, children must have completed Kindergarten.
Instructions on how to register for the lottery will be made available on the Parks and Recs website. Click here for more information.
Here are the Summer Kickoff Camp locations:
- Copeland Center, 11001 N 15th St, 33612
- Dr. MLK Complex, 2200 N Oregon Ave, 33607
- Forest Hills Center, 724 W 109th St, 33612
- Jackson Heights Center, 3310 E Lake Ave, 33610
- Loretta Ingraham Center, 1615 N Hubert Ave, 33607
- Police Athletic League, 1924 W Diana St, 33604
- Port Tampa Center, 4702 W McCoy St, 33616
- Springhill Center, 1000 E Eskimo Ave, 33607
The Parks and Rec Department will be following CDC, local and state health department guidelines. New policies and procedures have been put in place to ensure social distancing among children.
In addition, the department will have their traditional Recreate, Educate, Create (R.E.C.) Summer Camp starting on June 15. This program will operate Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for ages 5-12 - children must have completed Kindergarten.
Registration for that program will be limited and will take place on June 8 at 6 p.m. More details will be released at a later date.
For more information, click here or call the Summer Hotline at (813) 274-3345.