19 people including seven kids were displaced after a fire at a Tampa apartment complex.
Tampa Fire Rescue responded to a reported fire in one of the units at Pebblewood Apartments at 11316 N. 52nd St. around 5:15 a.m. Monday.
Crews found smoke and flames coming from one of the upstairs units and began attacking the fire while performing a search to ensure no victims were trapped inside.
Surrouniding units were evacuated while crews worked to prevent the spread of the fire through the common attic.
The fire was under control within 35 minutes of the call.
According to the fire investigator's report, the fire started in the southeast corner of apartment 15 and was caused by an electrical/mechanical malfunction of a Power Wheels motorized car.
It caused major fire, heat, and smoke damage. The damage to the unit and its contents is estimated at $40,000.
In all, four units were affected by the fire. A total of 19 people including seven children were displaced and required assistance fromt he American Red Cross.
There were no injuries reported.