DUNNELLON, Fla. — If you've been looking for places across Florida that are family friendly and affordable — we have a place to share with you.
Rainbow Springs, just two hours from Tampa, is the perfect getaway for everyone in your home.
Hiking, fishing, tubing and swimming are just a few of the activities you can find. Not to mention, the water is crystal clear.
- Lakeland's Hollis Gardens shows off 10,000 beautiful flowers
- Old Town offers classic boardwalk thrills like a haunted house and Wild West portrait gallery
The flow of the springs are the fourth highest among all springs in Florida.
Rainbow Springs State Park comes with plenty of history too. You can read about that here.
And for those really hot and humid Florida days, the temperature of the water averages 72 all year long.
Saving money on your road trip
If you do plan on taking a road trip this summer to Rainbow Springs, or any other family friendly places, there are a few ways to save major money and still enjoy vacation. NerdWallet recommends:
- Packing coolers with snacks, drinks, and lunches
- Mapping out the cheapest areas to fill up your car's gas tank
- Making sure your accommodations offer free parking
For more tips to spend less, click here.