Woman warns about grill brushes after bristle impales her tongue

Posted: 12:42 PM, Jul 04, 2018
Updated: 2018-07-04 16:42:42Z

A Connecticut woman is warning about grill brushes after she bit into a burger she grilled and a leftover grill brush bristle impaled her tongue. 

Metal bristle from grill brush punctures woman's tongue

Marlene Scrivani told ABC News "it felt like a sharp piece of glass pierced my tongue."

A bristle ended up stuck to her burger and then ended up stabbing her tongue. She had to have three surgeries just to remove the tiny wire. 

Now, she's warning everyone about wire grill brushes and urging her fellow grill-lovers to use alternative brushes on their grills.