JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. — An 18-year-old Florida woman who was “infatuated" with the Columbine school shooting traveled to Colorado by plane Monday, purchased a shotgun and ammunition in Littleton, Colorado, and disappeared into the foothills of Jefferson County.
Authorities say Sol Pais was wanted for questioning after making undisclosed threats to area schools that prompted many of them to lock their doors for several hours Tuesday and at least 20 Denver-area school districts to cancel classes Wednesday.
Pais was found dead near Mt. Evans in Colorado on Wednesday of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- She is from Surfside, Florida, in the Miami area and flew into Denver International Airport Monday.
- Once in Colorado, authorities said she legally purchased a pump-action shotgun and ammunition from a retailer in Littleton, Colorado, where Columbine High School is located.
- An unidentified FBI agent answered her parent’s phone in Florida when KMGH called a phone number listed for Pais' parents in Florida.
- A man who identified as Pais’ father told WPLG in Florida that he last saw his daughter Sunday and said the situation has “been a nightmare.”
- Authorities say she is "infatuated" with the Columbine High School shooting and made undisclosed threats to area schools.
- She is described as 5-foot-5 inches tall, with brown hair.
- She was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, camouflage pants and black boots.