Local law enforcement know a lot of people go out to celebrate the new year and they want everyone to be safe and return home safely.
Please make sure you have a designated driver or get a taxi, Uber, or ride home if you have had too many drinks to drive home.
AAA is also offering their Tow-To-Go program from now through 6 a.m. on January 2. Their number is (855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246.
The following guidelines apply:
- Confidential local ride to a safe location within 10 miles
- The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home
- Tow trucks can usually transport up to two people. If there are more people in your party, you will need to make other arrangements to get them home safely
- Free and available to AAA members and non-members
- You can’t make an appointment to use Tow to Go. It is designed as a safety net for those that did not plan ahead
- In some situations, AAA may need to make other arrangements to get an impaired individual a safe ride home
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions