RUSKIN, Fla. - Nearly three dozen companies looking to hire are participating in the Tampa Bay Job Fair on Friday. There are positions in law enforcement, financial, marketing, healthcare, hospitality and more.
Hillsborough County Commissioner Sandy Murman, in association with CareerSource Tampa Bay and Hillsborough Community College, will be hosting a South County Job Fair on Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HCC SouthShore Campus located at 551 24th Street N.E. in Ruskin.
Some of the vendors looking for employees may interview potential employees on the spot, while others may provide online links to jobs. These employers have hundreds of positions available in both part time and full-time work.
"We are very excited this year to have employers like Mosaic, Spectrum, Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, Manpower, Florida State Fair Authority and many more. The most important thing that we can do in County Government is to help our unemployed or under employed citizens to find jobs. When more people are working, more people are saving and spending money at local businesses, and the economy continues to improve," said Commissioner Murman.
Currently, the following businesses have confirmed for the event:
· Florida State Fair Authority
· Hillsborough County Supervisor of Elections Office
· Sun Towers Retirement/Sun Terrace Rehabilitation
· Hillsborough County Dept. of Consumer and Veteran Services
· Carter Hospitality Group,
· LLC Brookdale Senior Living
· The Mosaic Company
· People Ready
· Greenway Health
· New Horizons, LLC
· Bank of America
· Behavioral Solutions formally known as G4 Services
· Puff n Stuff
· Hillsborough Area Regional Transit
· Trademark Metals Recycling
· Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
· The Boys & Girls Clubs
· Redlands Christian Migrant Association
· HomeTeam Pest Defense
The 2017 South County Job Fair is free and open to the public.