TAMPA, Fla. — Tornado watches and severe thunderstorm watches and warnings are in effect as severe weather brings heavy rain, strong winds and the possibility for an isolated tornado to the area on Friday.
The entire Tampa Bay area is expected to get rain on Friday and some of the storms could be strong and potentially severe.
CURRENT WATCHES AND WARNINGS
- A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH has been issued for Sarasota, Manatee, Polk, Highlands, DeSoto and Hardee counties until 10 p.m.
- CLOSURES AND ALERTS
- The Sugar Sand Festival is closed at noon on Friday but reopened at 5 p.m.
- The Sunshine Skyway Bridge has reopened after being closed for several hours.
- Robert K. Rees Memorial Park in New Port Richey is temporarily closed until further notice following severe weather.
- If you plan on flying out of TIA on Friday, please check with your airline for any potential delays or cancellations before arriving at the airport.
POWER OUTAGE MAPS
- Click here for the TECO power outage map
- Click here for the Duke Energy power outage map
- Click here for the FPL power outage map
— Greg Dee (@GregDeeWeather) April 19, 2019
- LIVE RADAR | Track storms moving through Tampa Bay area with our interactive radar
- HOUR-BY-HOUR FORECAST | Get the latest forecast by zip code
- LIVE WEATHER CAMS | Take a look at cameras around the Tampa Bay area
Once the storms move through Friday the weekend is shaping up to be sunny, cooler and much drier. Stay with ABC Action News for the latest on this severe weather threat.