Six people in St. Petersburg receive medical treatment after smell of carbon monoxide

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Six people received medical treatment Sunday morning after the smell of carbon monoxide was detected at The Courtney at Bay Pines Apartments in St Petersburg, officials said.

Firefighters responded to a call at the apartment complex on Miramar Drive about 8:30 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, they determined a high level of carbon monoxide at Building G.

It was determined a vehicle was left running in a garage overnight.

Forty apartment units were evacuated.

Four people were taken to the hospital for treatment. Two others were treated on scene.

Everyone is expected to make a full recovery.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless gas which can be fatal.

Residents were allowed to return to their apartments by late Sunday morning.

 

Print this article Back to Top