Tuesday, April 17 is Tax Day and several Tampa Bay area post office locations are staying open late to help last-minute tax filers meet the deadline.
Below is a list of the post offices that are staying open later than 5:00 p.m:
- Tampa Main Office (Airport) | 3501 Bessie Coleman Blvd. | 10:00 p.m.
- Tampa Carrollwood |12651 N Dale Mabry Hwy. | 7:00 p.m.
- St. Petersburg Main Office | 3135 1st Ave N. | 7:00 p.m.
- Spring Hill | 8501 Philatelic Dr. | 7:00 p.m.
- Southside Postal Store | 6000 S Florida Ave. | 6:30 p.m.
- Tampa Forest Hills | 11800 N Florida Ave. | 6:00 p.m.
- Tampa Hilldale | 3201 W Hillsborough Ave. | 6:00 p.m.
- Tampa Peninsula | 1002 S Church Ave. | 6:00 p.m.
- Tampa Town N Country | 7521 Paula Dr. | 6:00 p.m.
- Tampa Temple Terrace | 8761 N 56th St. | 6:00 p.m.
- Pinellas Park | 5260 78th Ave N. | 6:00 p.m.
- Winter Haven | 111 W Central Ave. | 6:00 p.m.
- St. Petersburg Crossroads | 1275 66th St N. | 5:30 p.m.
- St. Petersburg Gateway Mall | 701 77th Ave N. | 5:30 p.m.
- Largo | 50 8th Ave SW. | 5:30 p.m.
- New Tampa | 16350 Bruce B Downs Blvd. | 5:30 p.m.
- Tampa Commerce | 401 N Ashley Dr. | 5:30 p.m.
- Lakeland | 2800 Lakeland Hills Blvd. | 5:30 p.m.
Post office officials say customers should try to visit their closest location as early as possible during the day to avoid last-minute crowds.
Customers are also reminded to double-check the label on the blue collection mailboxes to ensure their mail is deposited before the last posted collection time for the day — that way their mail will be postmarked with today's date and considered on time by the IRS.