With Eta on track to move parallel to but offshore of the Florida west coast on Thursday, sandbags are being made available in Tampa Bay.
Pasco County has four, self-serve sandbag stations open 24 hours at the following locations:
- Pasco County Public Works (C-Barn): 30908 Warder Road [google.com], San Antonio
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course: 7223 Massachusetts Ave. [google.com], New Port Richey
- Pasco Fire Rescue Station 17: 2951 Seven Springs Blvd. [google.com], New Port Richey
- Veterans Memorial Park: 14333 Hicks Road [google.com], Hudson
- Wesley Chapel Park: 7727 Boyette Road [google.com], Wesley Chapel
- Land O’ Lakes Recreation Center: 3032 Collier Parkway [google.com], Land O’ Lakes
- Pasco County Fire Station #24: 14317 4th Street [google.com], Dade City
*Note: Sandbag locations are open 24 hours to Pasco County residents; however, sand will only be restocked between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. You should bring a shovel and be prepared to fill your own sandbags.
City of New Port Richey
- Open from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday, and 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. through the week
- Location: 6420 Pine Hill Rd.
- Self-service station, bring a shovel
- For city residents only, proof of residency required
Sandbags will be available at the 49th Street Neighborhood Center, 1617 49th Street South, on Sunday, Nov. 8 from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m., or until inclement weather.
The city said there is a 10-bag limit and proof of residency may be required.
Locations are open from 8 a.m. to dusk. There is a 10 bag limit per resident and a photo ID or utility bill is required.
- Self-service locations:
- Helen Howarth Equestrian area: 6301 94th AvePinebrook Park: 7202 118th Ave NBroderick Recreation: 6101 66th Ave N
- Premade location:
- Forbes Recreation Center: 6401 94th Avenue
A sandbag station will be open at 10 a.m. on Wednesday at the Municipal Services Center. There is a limit of 10 bags per residential or business address.
- 300 Commerce Blvd.
- RESIDENTS: Please bring your photo ID showing your Oldsmar Address
- BUSINESSES: Bring a copy of your City Utility Billing Statement
Sandbags are available to city residents throughout the year at the following city location:
- Pavement and Traffic Operations Building, 1744 9th Ave. N
Sand, shovels, and bags available to city residents at these city locations:
- Northeast Park, 875 62nd Avenue NE . (located at the Cardinal Drive entrance to Mangrove Bay Golf Course)
- James “JC” Turner Fields, 643 22nd Avenue S . (located on the south side of Bartlett Park) sandbags will be distributed in the parking lot of the fields
- Northwest Pool, 2331 60th Street N ., sandbags will be distributed in the pool parking lot
There's a limit of 10 bags per household and you must provide proof of residency. Staff will be on hand to help seniors and others who can't fill and load their own bags.
Sandbags will be distributed Wednesday to residents at the Public Works Annex from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. There is a 10 bag limit per car and a valid ID is required to prove residency.
- 1411 9th St. W., residents are asked to use 13th Ave. W to enter the area
Sand & bags will be available starting from 10 a.m. - early afternoon on Wednesday (conditions allowing) at the Broadway Public Beach Access. 10 bags max per household. Please bring proof of residency to obtain bags from staff. Residents are able to bring their own bags if more are needed.
Self-serve location set up at W.G. Roe Park, 2269 7th St SW starting Tuesday, November 10. Officials say it will be open until the weather event passes and there is a 10 bag limit per household.
You're encouraged to bring your own shovel.
Self-serve sites opened at two locations at 9 a.m. There is a limit of 15 bags per vehicle.
- Bicentennial Park (501 N. Baseball Point, Crystal River, FL 34429)
- Homosassa Area Recreational Park Tennis Courts (4414 S Grandmarch Ave, Homosassa, FL 34446)
Self-serve location opened at 9 a.m. on Wednesday
- Crystal River Firehouse, 650 NW 3rd Ave
This is a developing story, refresh for the latest on ABC Action News