The City of Tampa has launched a Spotify playlist to help spread cheer this holiday season.
The playlist includes favorites like Feliz Navidad and Deck the Halls, but also some songs specific to our current COVID-19 situation like Quarantine Christmas and Christmas Will be Different this Year.
It's an offshoot of the #HappyATHomeTPA campaign started earlier this year.
“This holiday season, we want folks to remember what truly matters: the health and wellbeing of ourselves and those we love most,” says Mayor Jane Castor. “No one wants to start the new year feeling sick, in a hospital, or potentially on a ventilator. By being responsible and celebrating the holidays safely from home, we can protect our family members, our friends, our neighbors and our community. While ‘home for the holidays’ may look different this year, we are lucky that there are so many great ways to celebrate the season here in Tampa.”
You can download the Spotify playlist here.
In addition to the #HappyAtHomeTPA holiday campaign, the City of Tampa has also launched other COVID-19 safety initiatives, including:
- “Choose Your Mask” guerilla marketing posters (created in partnership with ChappellRoberts)
- Variable Message Boards on major roadways
- Partnership with Tampa General Hospital to elevate stories from the frontline of COVID-19
- A “Get in the Game” video PSA with local sports teams
- Distribution of 518,625 free face coverings to the community
- A #FaceTheFactsTPA influencer campaign and face mask decorating competition to encourage the use of face masks
- #HappyAtHomeTPA videos throughout the year from Tampa Parks & Recreation
- Stencils, posters, billboards, and signs across the city with COVID-19 safety messaging and messaging to thank healthcare workers
- Weekly Facebook lives with Mayor Castor and various health experts, community leaders, social service providers, and others