Boom by the Bay, Tampa's big Fourth of July fireworks and celebration, has been canceled due to coronavirus.
“While we would have loved to celebrate the 4th of July together in person, we have to put the safety of our community first,” says Mayor Jane Castor. “We are looking forward to an even bigger celebration next year once this virus is behind us, but we have to work together first to stop it.”
Tampa is the latest in the list of local cities canceling Fourth of July events due to the virus.
The other celebrations that have been canceled this year include:
- Red, White & Kaboom in Lakeland
- Clearwater Celebrates America
- Safety Harbor 4th of July Celebrations
- Fireworks Across the Bay Celebration in St. Pete
- Gulfport's July 4th Celebration
- Largo 4th of July Celebration
- Treasure Island 4th of July Fireworks
- 4th of July Fireworks on Redington Shores
- 4th of July Picnic in Craig Park -- Tarpon Springs
- Thunder on the Ridge Haine City
- Venice Independence Day Fireworks
- Manatee County, cities of Palmetto, Bradenton announce Independence Day fireworks show postponed to Labor Day