TAMPA, Fla. -- While the COVID-19 pandemic has been stressful and isolating for many people, Hillsborough County leaders say gatherings during the upcoming holidays can be an opportunity to reconnect with family and friends.
However, at the same time, they say to consider how your holiday plans can be modified to reduce the spread of COVID-19 to keep your friends, family, and community healthy and safe.
This includes taking the I Heart My Family Pledge, where you pledge to:
- Wear a face covering
- Socially distance
- Stay home if I’m sick
- Get a flu shot
- Wash my hands and use hand sanitizer
- Get tested for COVID-19 when exhibiting symptoms
Here are some ideas of what you can do to spread love, not germs, with your family and friends this year, per Hillsborough County.
- Take the I Heart My Family Pledge and share it with your friends - it's an easy reminder of why we're all staying safe.
- Have a small dinner with only people who live in your household
- Cook traditional family recipes for family and neighbors and deliver them in a way that doesn't involve contact with others
- Host a virtual dinner and share recipes with friends and family
- Shop online rather than in person on Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday
- Watch sporting events, parades, and movies from home