ORLANDO, Fla. — Disney's online reservation system kicked off on Monday and guests online are reporting hours-long wait times and trouble getting through.
Disney World is opening its parks next month.
- Magic Kingdom, July 11
- Animal Kingdom, July 11
- EPCOT, July 15
- Hollywood Studios, July 15
Disney says new ticket sales are currently paused and will resume later this summer.
To manage attendance at each park, Disney is requiring guests to make reservations in advance using a new online tool. A park reservation and valid admission are both required for guests three and older.
The online reservations began Monday for certain guests. Some guests say they were able to make reservations after waiting, in some cases for hours, and others say they're stuck on a page that says "We're Almost in Orbit."
According to some guests, when they did get through they found the parks with no availability.
According to Disney's website, the breakdown for who can make reservations is:
- Disney Resort and other select hotel Guests with valid theme park admission can make reservations starting June 22.
- Annual Passholders without a Resort stay can make reservations starting June 26.
- Existing ticket holders can make reservations starting June 28.
According to Disney, reservations are currently available through September 26, 2021.
How the system works:
- Link your admission to your Disney account
- You'll need a Disney account
- Link your valid admission, which is required to make a reservation as ticket sales are temporarily paused
- If applicable, link your Disney Resort reservation
- Create your party
- Select your party from your Family & Friends list
- You may need to make more than one Disney Park Pass reservation for your party depending on your admission type
- Select a date and park
- Select a Date: View a calendar and choose one of the available dates for your visit.
- Select a Theme Park: Park hours will be displayed for your convenience.
- Select a Time: This is the time that you can visit the park.
- Review and confirm your plans
- Check terms and conditions, which includes a COVID-19 liability waiver
- Once confirmed, the reservation will appear in the "My Plans" section
If you're having trouble, click here for additional information.