HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — A series of road safety and intersection improvement projects are set to help create better traffic flow and conditions throughout the Town 'N Country community. These include new traffic signals, new turn lanes, enhanced pedestrian features, ADA compliance and new and refurbished sidewalks, totaling $18.5 million in upgrades.
INTERACTIVE MAP | Town 'N Country Road Projects
New Traffic Signals
- Benjamin Road at Barry Road Intersection Improvements include new signal, turn lanes, new sidewalks, crosswalks and curbing with ADA compliance.
- CR 584 (Waters Ave) at Florida Mining Boulevard Intersection Improvements include a new signal at the entrance to a warehouse area that sends a lot of trucks out onto Waters. Turn lanes and pedestrian enhancements included.
- Sligh Avenue at Hesperides Street Intersection Improvements will have a new signal, new turn lanes and pedestrian enhancements.
Additional Intersection Improvements
- Hanley Road at Jackson Springs Road Intersection Improvements include new turn lanes, sidewalks, curbing and ADA compliance. This is expected to be complete by early 2023.
- George Road at Memorial Highway Intersection Improvements include the addition of new turn lanes and longer turn lanes as well as sidewalk improvements, new curbing, and ADA compliance.
- Anderson Road at Sligh Avenue Intersection Improvements include realigning movement through the intersection and adding turn lanes.
- Montague Street at Memorial Highway Intersection Safety Improvements include expanding the roundabout.
School Safety Improvements
Three Elementary and Middle School Pedestrian Safety and Mobility Enhancement projects are set to improve access and circulation to Bellamy Elementary, Dickenson Elementary and Pierce Middle.
These projects are in the design process, but likely will include enhancements like added turn lanes, reconfigured drop-off/pick-up lanes and new crosswalks and sidewalk improvements, according to Hillsborough County. All three projects will be complete by mid-2022 and total about $1.5 million.
Two significant resurfacing projects coming up in Town 'N Country.
First, Benjamin Road from Hillsborough Ave. to Waters Ave. Second, there will be 0.75 miles of resurfacing at Racetrack Road from Marsh Point Drive northward.
The two projects are expected to be complete by late 2021 and will cost less than $2 million.