NewsDriving Tampa Bay Forward


Hillsborough County wants to know about missing or vandalized traffic signs

damaged stop sign
Posted at 3:58 AM, Aug 06, 2019
and last updated 2019-08-06 03:58:29-04

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. — Do you know of a traffic sign that someone knocked over or damaged? Hillsborough County leaders want to know about it.

The county maintains over 140,000 signs. Officials admit there are too many signs for them to be aware to know when a single one need to be fixed. That is the reason they are counting on you.

DRIVING TAMPA BAY FORWARD | Latest headlines on safety and infrastructure in our area

It is a safety hazard if someone vandalized or removed a Stop, Wrong Way, Yield, Do Not Enter or One Way sign.

You can let Hillsborough County's Public Works department know of a damaged or missing traffic sign by calling (813) 635-5400 or filling out this form during weekday hours.

The county says you should call 911 to report a missing warning sign during non-business hours or on a holiday.