TAMPA, Fla. — The Hillsborough Area Regional Transit (HART) is asking for the public's input on the agency's proposed changes.
HART's changes include removing routes and making changes to better align demand, preserve funding and "improve safety and efficiency."
HART will hold feedback sessions virtually and in-person at transit and transfer centers over the next two weeks.
The virtual town halls will be held on September 2 at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. in English and a Spanish town hall will be held Thursday, September 3 at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Those interested in participating in the town hall can click here to register.
Below is a summary of the proposed changes:
- Minor Route Adjustments - Routes 5, 7, 8, 42, 45, 48
- Substantive Modifications - Routes 10, 14, 48
- Reduce Frequency - Routes 1, 6, 24LX, 33, 34, 46, 400
- Remove Service - Routes 20X, 25LX**, 35*, 60LX**, 75LX, 275LX***, HARTFlex Brandon, South County, Northdale**, South Tampa, Town 'N Country
* = Fully replaced by existing route (Info taken from HART)
** = Partially merged into existing routes (Info taken from HART)
*** = Partially replaced by new routes (Info taken from HART)