LARGO, Fla. — The City of Largo wants to make safety and walkability improvements to its downtown corridor, specifically in the area of West Bay Drive.
An open house will be help on Wednesday, August 21 at the Bridge Dance Complex. The meeting starts at 6:00 p.m.
Some of the improvements include:
- Reconstructing the cracked and aging sidewalks from Missouri Avenue/Seminole Blvd to Clearwater-Largo Road.
- Replacing the aging and inefficient existing lighting with modern, energy-efficient, pedestrian-friendly LED lighting.
- Installing updated benches, bike racks, and bus shelters.
- Constructing two new ways to safely cross West Bay Drive with mid-block crossings, pedestrian-activated flashing beacons, and high visibility crosswalks west of 2nd Street and west of 5th Street.
- Milling, resurfacing and re-striping of the asphalt surface to improve the look and feel of West Bay Drive from Missouri Avenue/Seminole Blvd to Clearwater-Largo Road and improving the diagonal parking lots from 4th Street SW to Ridge Road.
Officials say the work is planned to start in the fall 2019.