TAMPA, Fla. -- With millions out of work, automatic payments coming out of your bank account could be problematic.
We reached out to major gym and fitness companies to see how they changed their billing during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Billing suspended until one or more clubs in the member's market reopens.
- Froze memberships the day clubs closed.
- Freezing all memberships.
- All corporately-owned gym memberships and monthly billing suspended; many independent locations are doing the same.
- Freezing billing at corporate locations.
- Freezing billing on April 16.
- Asking members to turn fees into donations. Locally,YMCA locations are being used to offer relief childcare for healthcare and emergency response workers.