HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. — The Florida Department of Health in Hernando is offering free vaccines for children needing back-to-school shots.
Parents do need to make an appointment by calling (352) 540-6800.
Vaccines will be given out on the following dates with appointments only:
- August 3-13 Spring Hill only
- August 14-21 Spring Hill w/ August 19 being offered at Spring Hill & Brooksville
- August 24-31 Spring Hill only
The DOH said no walk-ins are available.
If you have an out of state immunization record that needs to be on a Florida form, parents can drop off the record at their office. You will be notified when the record is ready for pick up.
Below are office locations:
- Office location for Spring Hill : 7551 Forest Oaks Blvd Spring Hill, Fl 34606
- Office location for Brooksville: 300 South Main St Brooksville, Fl 34601