Suunto is recalling Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitters and Tank PODs because of an injury hazard.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commision, the exterior plastic case of the Wireless Tank Transmitter and Wireless Tank POD can burst during pre-dive pressure testing. In two reported incidents, transmitters burst during dry land pressure testing. And there has been one report of bruising.
The affected products included:
- Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter
- Reference Nos: SS019098000 and SS005397000
- Suunto Wireless Tank Pressure Transmitter has a black cone-shaped plastic case – with SUUNTO, FINLAND printed on top of the case and a transparent or black plastic base.
- Size: diameter approximately 4 cm, length approximately 8 cm
- Suunto Tank POD
- Reference Nos: SS020306000 SUUNTO TANK POD
- Suunto Tank POD has black cone-shaped plastic case with SUUNTO TANK POD, MADE IN FINLAND printed in gray color on the case and a transparent plastic base.
- Size: diameter approximately 4 cm, length appoximately 8 cm
The products were sold nationwide at retailers specializing in scuba diving equipment from October 2003 to April 2017 for about $440.
All consumers are urged to immediately stop using the Wireless Tank Transmitter and Wireless Tank POD and return them to a Suunto dealer or Suunto Authorized Service Center for free inspection and repair.