MoneyConsumer AlertsRecalls

Actions

Light-up magic wand sold at Carter's recalled due to choking, ingestion hazard

wand-recall.png
Posted at 5:15 AM, Dec 20, 2019
and last updated 2019-12-20 05:15:17-05

Toysmith is recalling 58,000 light-up magic wands because they pose a choking and ingestion hazard.

According to the recall, the battery cover on the toy can come off and expose small batteries.

The company has received at least one report of a child swallowing a battery, requiring medical attention to remove it.

RECALL ALERTS | The latest recalls that could affect you and your family

The toys were sold nationwide at Carter's stores as well as other various toy, grocery, hobby and gift retailers. They were sold for $5 between June 2018 and October 2019.

Consumes should stop using the toy immediately and return it for a refund.

To read the full recall click here.