BARTOW, Fla. — Before you order your next McCafé chocolate, vanilla or strawberry milkshake, we uncovered one local McDonald's had some extra ingredients crawling on that milkshake machine.
Last Wednesday, September 12, McDonald's at 1470 North Broadway Avenue in Bartow was forced to shut its doors for over four hours after inspectors observed live roaches on the milkshake machine, on the floor and wall near the milkshake machines.
While inspecting, the state also documented a hole in the wall, grease accumulated on the kitchen floor and under the cooking equipment and accumulation of debris on kitchen equipment.
During the restaurant's last inspection, inspectors found an employee working on the cook line with open sores on both hands and the manager on duty was cited for not following the state's health requirements in the kitchen.
At that time, McDonald's was given an official warning for this high priority violation.
“The health and safety of my customers and employees are top priorities, which includes operating a safe and clean restaurant. We have taken immediate actions to address any issues and were reopened the same day.”