'We offer a wide variety of fish selections from around the globe.' That's what Bonefish advertises on their website. But one selection inspectors found was not on the menu in Brandon.
Bonefish Grill located 1015 Providence Road had to temporarily close on September 14 due to live roaches crawling near food in the kitchen.
Almost a dozen live roaches were seen near the salad prep cooler on the cooks line and at the bar area.
Taking action for your safety, our I-Team also finding in the most recent inspection report potentially hazardous food held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit in the reach in cooler.
This caused inspectors to issue a stop sale on the food inside as it was held overnight at dangerous temperatures. Here's a list of the food that had to be thrown out:
- Citrus dressing Made in house 2 1/2 qts
- Cesar dressing Made in house 2 1/2 qts
- Guacamole made in house with chopped onions Made in house 1 cup
- Black beans 1 cup
- Feta 2 LB
- Ceviche cooked 4 cups
- Cut strawberries 2 cups
- Blue cheese 2 LB
- Cole slaw dressing Made in house 1 qt
Grease accumulated on the kitchen floor and/or under cooking equipment and ice machine.
Floors under the equipment remain with grease and debris at the time of the call back inspection and ceiling tiles missing over the cooks line, which exposes open food to contamination.
Bonefish Grill Statement:
"The results of the inspection fell short of our expectations and standards. We took immediate action and passed re-inspection later that day. We are working to correct all of the items noted and have retrained our staff to ensure they are practicing out stringent food safety standards."
Elizabeth Watts, APR
Director of Media & Community Relations
Bloomin' Brands, Inc.
2202 N. West Shore Blvd.
Tampa, FL 33607