6 healthy food and beverage hacks for busy families
Posted: 4:30 PM, Sep 27, 2017
In the fast-paced world we all live in these days, parents on the go need good-for-everyone options for keeping their families healthy and well-fed.
Here is a list of products we found that help with being quick while keeping things healthy.
1. ZeroWater pitcher: The five-stage filtration device that is certified to reduce lead, chromium and other heavy metals. It pours into a reusable water bottle.
Families should be reading labels on all water filters, ZeroWater preaches. it's five-stage is an upgrade to the two-stage conventional filters most people use. Zerowater's technology (ion exchange) takes out more contaminants than other filters on the market.
2. Sweet EarthOrganic Burritos: These are handy to have in a freezer, heat and eat in minutes. It's loaded with nutrients and high in protein and fiber. The Mayan and the Brazilian are two great new organic plant based burritos available at Meijer; Whole Foods and Target. The light tortilla is a blend of corn and wheat; black beans, vegetables and spices.
3. kidsWATERx 3 flavors (Leaping Lemonade, Biking Berries, Paddleboard Punch): t's mission is to replace sugary juice boxes with a healthier sugar free option. Children ages 4-8 eat an average of 21 teaspoons/day of added sugar. Compare this to the recommended 3 teaspoons/day of added sugar for this age group. kidsWATER was created by a dentist (who is also a mom to three little ones). If you're reading this, you may use the promo code HEALTHYHACKS to get 20 percent off on orders placed through its website, www.drinkidswater.com.
4. Cali’flour Foods
pizzas: Organic. Four simple ingredients in a low-carb variety (almost an entire head of cauliflower, a little egg, cheese, and spices) and the only vegan cauliflower pizza crust on the market. Products have no preservatives and no added sugar. It's low in carbs and calories.
5. Wise Appleready-to-eat meals and snacks: Wise Apple involves kid-inspired recipes. Its research team works directly with kids to taste test and create new menu items that designed by kids through a junior chef program. This product provides opportunities for kids to learn about and participate in making food and making choices about food. It offers customization of ready-to-serve food. Each pack includes four pods that neatly snap into a Wise Apple carrying tray. Pick from a variety of preselected combinations or mix and match a variety of components including fruit, protein, veggies and sweet treats to create a meal that meets individual allergy or dietary preferences.
6. Cherryvale Farms“Everything But The…” Baking Mixes:Cherryvale Farms baking mixes are an easy, healthy way to bake with kids — whether it’s adding one package of squeezable applesauce or blueberries picked from the garden, kids can help by just adding fresh fruits, veggies or nuts. All Cherryvale Farms baking mixes are plant-based and soy-free, peanut-free, dairy-free and egg-free, making them an excellent option for those managing food allergies or intolerances. It offers baking mixes using only ingredients in a healthy pantry, including unbleached wheat flour, organic unrefined cane sugar, natural sea salt and fresh spices.
Copyright 2017 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.