- VENICE BEACH, Fla. —
- Welcome to the shark tooth capital of the world.
How cool does that nickname sound?
Venice, at the southern end of Sarasota County, is located about an hour south of St. Petersburg. The city is a fun, offbeat destination for Tampa Bay area families looking for affordable ways to get out of the house during the summer.
If you decide to visit Venice, here are four insider tips:
• Anyone just visiting for a day can park for free at the Venice Fishing Pier. There is access to the beach, the pier and bathrooms.
• If you're looking for shark teeth, you can rent a sifter at the pier for $7.
• Bring bikes/skates/scooters for the miles of trails near the pier at the Venetian Waterway.
• Venice's Main Street is adorable and features lots of shopping and restaurants.
Click here for more information.