HALLOWEEN LASTS LONGER THAN THE MONTH OF OCTOBER AT THIS SPOOKY BAR. COCKTAILS & SCREAMS IN ORLANDO OFFERS HALLOWEEN-THEMED COCKTAILS, food and decor regardless of the season. — ORLANDO, Fla. — Halloween lasts longer than the month of October at this spooky bar. Cocktails & Screams in Orlando offers Halloween-themed cocktails, food and decor regardless of the season.
"A lot of people think we're just a pop-up bar, but we're here all year," said Cocktails & Screams manager, Jessa Pahlck.
The Halloween bar opened October 2019 and just celebrated it's first anniversary.
When guests arrive, they're greeted by a mask wall, full of some iconic and unique faces from Halloween movies, pop culture or even their deepest nightmares! Themed art decorates the walls and Adamms Family-esque furniture adds to the frightfully fun ambiance.
"When you come in...everything is custom," said Pahlck. "All the artwork is hand painted. The owners put a lot of time and effort and love into this bar."
The cocktail menu is full of delicious concoctions and potions. Fan favorites include:
- Witches Brew — Absolut Juice Apple, flambeed cinnamon apples, sour apple and fresh apple cider
- Sabrina — Ketel One Botanical Grapefruit & Rose Vodka, kiwi-infused St. Germain, Tanqueray Flor de Sevilla Gin, fresh lemon and magic dust
- Screamin' Tiki (Vegan) — Screwball Peanut Butter Whiskey, Frangellico, Almond & Choco Vine, topped with a Ferrero Rocher and a sugared hibiscus
If you're looking for a customized drinking experience, stop by the Witches Lounge in the back for a bespoken cocktail. Answer a riddle to gain access to this speakeasy, then tell the warlock/bartender what you like (i.e. Tequila, something sweet), and he'll concoct the perfect brew for you.
And don't forget to pair your cocktail with a frightful bite to eat! Here are some tasty treats we recommend:
- Tres Brujas — 3 buttered Hawaiian roll sliders stacked with shredded chicken in a house-made lizayo sauce, topped with melty mango habanero cheddar and lettuce
- All Hail Seitan — a vegan 'witch served on 5 grain wheat with seitan bacon, vegan feta, fresh heirloom tomatoes, avacados, lettuce and a house-made vegan siracha aioli.
- Black Cauldron — Callebaut chocolate fondue served with house-made pumpkin mallows, edible cookie dough, fresh fruit, pretzel rods and potato chips
Cocktails & Screams offers live music and a variety of Halloween-themed events/costume contests throughout the year. Make sure to follow them on Facebook to see when the next spooky event will be!
This is any Halloween-lovers paradise. “We love to see all the new folks, we have lots of regulars,” said Pahlck. “Don’t feel ashamed if you don’t fit into a specific type...we’re inclusive, we love everybody, so you should come hang out with us!”
Cocktails & Screams in located at 39 W Pine Street in Orlando. No cover is required to enter unless they are having an event. To learn more about this year-round Halloween bar, click here.