ST.PETERSBURG, Fla.—Enjoy Florida’s largest Pride celebration with an inclusive parade, march, concert and after parties during St. Pete’s LGBT Pride weekend June 21-23.
The annual event highlights the power and beauty of diversity with a weekend-long block party in Downtown St. Pete, along the waterfront at 375 Bayshore Drive NE.
This year’s main events can be found below:
Friday, June 21
SP2 Concert featuring Jennifer Real, Divine AF and Lisa Loeb
This free concert will be held at North Straub Park off Bayshore Drive. Gates open at 6 p.m. and the musical guests will perform from 7-10 p.m. VIP tickets are available for purchase and no outside food or beverages will be allowed into the park.
Saturday, June 22
Pride Parade and Party
This event will be at the St. Pete Waterfront from 2-11 p.m. The parade kicks off at 7:15 p.m. Around 5,000 people participate in the parade annually, whether on floats or walking the route in costume. Listen to live performances at both the North and South Straub stages prior to the start of the parade. This event has an expected turnout of 200,000 people.
The goal of this march is to inspire all trans and gender non-conforming people to realize a world where we are safe, loved, and empowered. It will take place along the St. Petersburg Waterfront from 6:30-7:00 p.m. and is free to participate in. The first 1,000 registrants will receive a 2019 St Pete Pride TransPride March T-Shirt when they check-in at the march.
Sunday, June 23
This festival will take place in the Grand Central District of downtown at 2227 Central Avenue. Enjoy live performances, community booths, art and food vendors from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. No outside food or drinks will be allowed in the festival area. This event is expected to draw in more that 50,000 people.
St. Pete Pride will kick-off with a free party on Wednesday, June 19. The event runs from 7-10 p.m. at Sirata Resort along St. Pete Beach. To see additional Pride events and after parties throughout the month, click here.
Parking in Downtown St. Pete is limited, especially during Pride weekend, so PSTA will let you ride any of their routes for free on June 22. There will also be a couple of Park & Ride locations. From 12 p.m. to 12 a.m., you can park for free at St. Pete High or at Tropicana Field for $10 and catch a free ride to Bayshore Drive.
Lyft is also adding a donation for every Lyft ride taken to the Festival.
• For St. Pete Pride, $1 donation for every Lyft ride taken to/from the festival on June 22nd will go back to the Pride organization to support future equality efforts.
• Lyft is part of the parade to celebrate! Plus, the company will have an interactive booth experience on-site. Festival-goers are encouraged to stop by and share their gender pronouns to express themselves in a way that works for them!
• Earlier this month, Lyft announced new app upgrades that allow riders to change their pronoun identity.
• A partnership with the National Center for Transgender Equality to support transgender drivers – including $200 in financial support for drivers to change their name/gender on their driver’s license.
Lyft drop off and pick up locations
- Location 1: 100 4th Ave. NE, at the intersection of 1st N. and 4th Ave.
- Location 2: 100 2nd Ave. NE, at the intersection of Beach Dr. NE and 2nd Ave. NE
In addition to all the fun and joy the celebration brings, St. Pride this year has released a mobile app featuring the second largest LGBT-friendly business directory in Florida. The app will also keep you up to date on all the Pride Month activities in the area. You can download it from the Apple Store or Google Play.
To learn more about St. Pete Pride or to become a volunteer, click here.