¡Salud! Grab the tequila, lime and salt, because there's reason to celebrate Monday!
On Monday, July 24, thousands of people around the world will be partaking National Tequila Day, including several businesses in the Bay Area.
Where should you head for happy hour? We have you covered.
CHECK OUT THESE DEALS:
- Bestito Mexican Restaurant at Westshore Plaza is offering a special tasting for $5 during their happy hour.
- "Beach" on Rocky Point is selling $3 margaritas as part of their Margarita Mondays special.
- Tin Lizzy's is offering $2 shots during 'National Tequila Week'. July 24-30.
- Hablo Taco in Channelside is offering $5 frozen margaritas and $5 on-the-rocks house margaritas for anyone that tells their server "Happy National Tequila Day!"
- Brass Tap in Ybor City is selling $10 margarita flights and $4 regular margaritas.
- Green Lemon in Soho is selling happy hour priced margaritas all day as well as $6 Cabo Wabo shots.
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
is selling $7.99 margarita flights, which will consist on 3 shooters of the following flavors options:
- Regular Margarita
- Wild berry
- Blue Curacao
- Tampa Applebee's is selling $1 House Margaritas and $5 perfect margaritas.
Classic Margarita (from gimmesomeoven.com)
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila, silver or reposado
- 1 ounce Cointreau (orange liqueur)
- 3/4 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- Agave nectar or simple syrup for sweetening, if desired
- Lime wedge and salt for rimming the glass
If you would like salt-rimmed glasses, begin by running a lime slice (the juicy part) around the top rim of a glass. Fill a shallow bowl with salt, and dip the rim in the salt until it is covered with your desired amount of salt. Set aside. Add tequila, lime juice and Cointreau to a cocktail shaker, and shake or stir until combined. Taste, and if you would like it to be sweeter (most people do!), stir in a half teaspoon of agave or simple syrup until the mix reaches your desired level of sweetness. Fill glass with ice. Pour in the margarita mixture over the rocks. Serve immediately, garnished with an extra lime wedge if desired.
Peach Margarita (By bakerbynature.com)
- 6 ripe peaches, cut in half, pitted, and peeled
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons confectioner sugar
- 1 cup tequila
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup triple sec
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Peel and pit the fresh peaches. Combine the peaches, orange juice and sugar in the body of a blender; pulse until completely smooth. Divide the ingredients evenly into 4 large glasses full of ice; stir well to combine. Serve at once with a wedge of lime.