ORLANDO, Fla. — Disney's newest ride 'Rise of the Resistance' opens Thursday at Hollywood Studios.
This attraction is the latest installment inside Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
In one of the most immersive, ambitious and technologically advanced rides ever created for a Disney park, guests launch into space aboard a transport shuttle, only to be captured by a Star Destroyer and pursued by Supreme Leader Kylo Ren as they frantically search for a way to escape the clutches of the First Order.
This new ride draws guests into a sprawling Star Wars narrative that blurs the lines between fantasy and reality, as jaw-dropping sights brimming with vivid detail create surprises around every turn.
In one of the longest Disney attraction experiences ever, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance delivers thrilling action driven by cutting-edge technology and innovative design that gives guests the feeling of stepping inside a Star Wars film.
What to expect:
- Walt Disney Imagineering combined multiple ride systems to tell the story of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- In one sequence, a new simulator experience gives the sensation of falling from space to crash land on Batuu.
- The trackless ride vehicles in Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance are some of the most advanced ever used in a Disney attraction, with a sleek, low profile and the ability to move in all directions.
- Disney A-1000 Audio-Animatronics figures appearing in the attraction provide a deep level of immersive storytelling through their lifelike and dynamic movements.
- To fully realize this Star Wars story, Imagineers created thousands of special effects, from slashing lightsabers and whizzing blaster bolts to exploding walls and massive star fields – just to name a few.
Click here for more information.