TAMPA — The 4th annual Goody Goody Turkey Gobble is set for Thanksgiving morning.
On November 22, runners, walkers, and even dogs can take to the streets of downtown Tampa to burn off the calories that will surely be consumed later in the day.
There are 8k, 5k, and one-mile events to choose from, both as an individual and as a team.
ABC Action News is a sponsor of the event, and using the promo code ACTIONNEWS during signup, you will receive $5 off registration for the 8k or 5k. This code is valid until midnight on Sunday, Nov. 18.
Included in the registration price are:
- Chip timed numbered bib (8K & 5K); non-chip timed bib (1 mile)
- Dri-fit unisex shirt—8K & 5K only—guaranteed if registered by 11/12/18
NOTE: Shirts are not guaranteed if registering after 11/12/18
- Finisher medal for ALL participants: 8K, 5K & 1 Mile!
- Post-race Goody Goody breakfast (participants only—must wear race bib!)
The start/finish is in front of Amalie Arena at 401 Channelside Drive in Tampa.
Here is the race day timeline:
- 5:30 a.m. Plaza at Amalie Arena opens -- To ensure a mandatory on-time race start, race day registration & bib pick up will NOT be available.
- 6:30 a.m. 5K & 8k Corral Staging -- Participants with baby joggers/strollers or pets will line up in designated corrals
- 7:00 a.m. 5k & 8K Races Begin—staggered start times for runners & walkers will be announced!
- 7:15 a.m. 1 Mile Walk Begins
- 8:00 a.m. Announcements & Awards
For more information on the race and how to sign up, click here.
TAMPA YMCA IS A PAID CLIENT OF WFTS.