TAMPA, Fla. — The 2020 Children's Gasparilla Extravaganza kicks off in Tampa on Saturday, January 18!
Schedule for the day:
- 11:00 a.m. - Activities open along Bayshore Boulevard at 11 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Bicycle Safety Rodeo with Tampa Police Department
- 12:00 p.m. - 3 p.m. Gasparilla Air Invasion
- 1:30 p.m. - Gasparilla Preschooler's Stroll presented by Tampa's Lowry Park Zoo
- 2:30 p.m. - SOCOM Para-Commandos Day Jump
- 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Children's Gasparilla Parade
- 6:30 p.m.- SOCOM Para-Commandos Night Jump
- 7:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Gasparilla Piratechnic Extravaganza (Fireworks Show!)
Click here for more information.
GASPARILLA CHILDREN’S PARADE 2020 ROAD CLOSURE SCHEDULE
Saturday, January 11, 2020 - Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Close Bayshore Blvd. Crossovers at DeSoto Ave., Nance Ave., Albany Ave. and Gunby Ave.
Saturday, January 18, 2020 @ 2:00 a.m.
- Close Bayshore Blvd. Northbound from Bay-to-Bay to Rome Ave.
Saturday, January 18, 2020 @ 6:30 a.m.
- Close Bayshore Blvd. from Gandy Blvd. to Platt St. Close Bay to Bay Blvd. from Ysabella Ave. to Bayshore Blvd.
- Close Davis Island Bridge off-ramp onto Northbound Bayshore Blvd.
Saturday, January 18, 2020 @ 9:00 a.m.
- Close one Eastbound Lane and one Westbound Lane on Bay to Bay Blvd. from MacDill Ave. to Ysabella Ave. (to accommodate Pedestrian Walkway)
Saturday, January 18, 2020 @ 4:30 p.m.
- Close Eastbound Bay-to-Bay Blvd. at MacDill Ave.
Parking: Please note there will be heavy traffic in and around Tampa’s downtown due to Gasparilla. Allow ample time to arrive to your destination and secure parking. Below we’ve outlined some available event parking options:
Attendees may also consider parking in Ybor or the Channel District and taking the Tampa Streetcar for FREE to the event.
Shuttle service from the Fort Brook Garage, located on the corner of Franklin and Whiting Street, will operate one continuous shuttle route on January 18 from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Cost is $10 per adult, children accompanied by an adult ride for free. The shuttle will deliver to Bayshore Boulevard, near the beginning of the parade route at Bay to Bay Boulevard and the Crosstown.
The shuttle will pick up at the Fort Brooke Garage, at the corner of Franklin and Whiting Street. The Whiting Street Garage will serve as overflow parking for the Fort Brooke Garage. The shuttle will travel to Bayshore Boulevard and drop off passengers near the beginning of the parade route at Bay to Bay Boulevard and the Crosstown. Shuttle info here.