SIESTA KEY, Fla. — Florida's Siesta Beach has been named the best beach in America!
Siesta Beach is known for its soft and cool sugar-fine sand, which is 99 percent quartz. The clear, blue water provides a spectacular view of the Gulf of Mexico.
The travel site TripAdvisor named three Tampa Bay beaches in the top-5. Siesta Beach came out on top at number 1, St. Pete Beach rose to second place and Clearwater Beach fell to fifth place.
Best Beaches in America:
1. Siesta Beach - Siesta Key, Florida
2. St. Pete Beach - St. Pete Beach, Florida
3. Ka'anapali Beach - Lahaina, Hawaii
4. Pensacola Beach - Pensacola Beach, Florida
5. Clearwater Beach - Clearwater Beach, Florida
Siesta Beach and St. Pete Beach were also rated the 11th and 16th best beach in the world, respectively.