TAMPA, Fla. — It's no secret that Tampa Bay is one of the most beautiful and fun places to live. In honor of Taste and See Tampa Bay's second birthday, we put together a list of 20 reasons why we love it here so much.
1. We have the most breathtaking place to kayak.
Weeki Wachee Springs: Kayaking Crystal-Clear Blue Water | Taste and See Tampa Bay
2. Some of the coolest brunch spots are right in our backyard.
Grab Sunday brunch at a Buddhist temple in Tampa | Taste and See Tampa Bay
3. We have roller coasters for every thrill-seeker.
Florida's tallest launch coaster 'Tigris' opens at Busch Gardens | Taste and See Tampa Bay
4. We can work out and get our drink on.
This Tampa pedal boat is made for drinking at sea | Taste and See Tampa Bay
5. Smash Room of Lakeland is within driving distance for whenever you need to let your anger out.
Release your anger at Smash Room of Lakeland | Taste and See Tampa Bay
6. We literally have the best beach in the U.S.
Clearwater Beach named 'Best Beach in America' for second year in a row | Taste and See Tampa Bay
7. Two words: booze and ice cream.
Beans and Barlour serves boozy frozen desserts in St. Pete | Taste and See Tampa Bay
8. Tampa Bay is home to the world's largest supplier of Cuban bread.
Tampa bakery is the world's largest supplier of Cuban bread | Taste and See Tampa Bay
9. We have the coolest condos.
‘Riverwalk Place’ to be the tallest tower in Tampa’s skyline | Taste and See Tampa Bay
10. Manatees can't get enough of us.
Citrus County is the only place in America where you can swim with and touch manatees | Taste and See Tampa Bay
11. We have crazy-good fair food...
Florida State Fair's Crazy Good Food | Taste and See Tampa Bay
12. ...and delicious strawberry creations.
Florida Strawberry Festival 2019 returns to Plant City | Taste and See Tampa Bay
13. Speaking of delicious...cookie dough anyone? It's for a great cause!
Dough Nation: Donating cookie dough for a cause | Taste and See Tampa Bay
14. We have amazing waterfront hangout spots.
Sparkman Wharf is Tampa's newest downtown hotspot | Taste and See Tampa Bay
15. This island knows how to party!
Beer Can Island: A Boater's Oasis in Tampa Bay | Taste and See Tampa Bay
16. We're home to the St. Pete Pier, which is getting a new look by the end of 2019.
New St. Pete Pier to be done 'by end of the year' | Taste and See Tampa Bay
17. Where else can you get a poke bowl in a pineapple?
This Tampa restaurant serves poké bowls inside pineapples | Taste and See Tampa Bay
18. This lovely botanical garden is a hidden treasure.
Sunken Gardens is a botanical paradise in St. Petersburg | Taste and See Tampa Bay
19. We have the best pirate invasion.
Tampa's 115th Gasparilla Pirate Festival | Taste and See Tampa Bay
20. We have real-life mermaids!