Two adults, one child dead from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in Orlando

ORLANDO, Fla. - Three people, including one child, are dead from apparent from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Florida home following Hurricane Irma, and four others have been hospitalized.

Orange County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jeff Williams says a deputy responded to the Orlando home located on Eggleston Avenue Tuesday evening following a 911 call from a child in the home. The deputy was overcome by fumes while approaching the home and called for fire rescue.

One person dead, two unresponsive from generator running in Daytona Beach home

THE LATEST | Power outages throughout Tampa Bay Area after Irma

Firefighters pulled seven people from the home, three of whom died at the scene. Four others were taken to a nearby hospital in various conditions. At this time, their conditions are considered serious.

Rescue workers found a portable gasoline generator running inside the home.

Williamson described the victims as a multi-generational family.
 

Print this article Back to Top